4th Edition Now Available!!
(Over 11,000 books sold!)
A Backcountry Guide to Winter Park,
James Peak Area, Fraser Valley,
Indian Peaks, Never Summer Range,
Williams Fork Mountains, Vasquez Mountains,
“Hiking Grand County, Colorado” is the most comprehensive and extensive book written on Grand County’s trail system. This book provides detailed and accurate information on trails, including trailhead locations, destination points, historical notes, points of interest, and information on the natural surroundings.
This book provides information for the novice to the experienced hiker with
· Detailed maps with elevation profiles, actual distances, and elevation gains of each hike.
· Detailed narratives on each trail explaining not only trailhead location, trail route and destination, but life zones, historical notes, geological information, and points of interest plus level of difficulty and estimated times.
· GPS information for accurate location and navigation. GPS enthusiasts will also enjoy programming waypoints and destination points. GPS tables are provided in the appendix.
· Hiking safety and awareness information including precautions for mountain weather and altitude.
· Recommended backpacking trips and side trips.
This book is a must for hiking Grand County’s backcountry. Hundreds of miles of trails are waiting to be explored. Why not find out where they are through this book?
Write or e-mail us at
Backcountry Bound, LLC., P.O. Box 537, Tabernash, Colorado 80478